THOROLD, ON – Small business owners have been promised a relief on taxes and cutting of bureaucratic bottleneck if the Conservative Party is elected in the coming election.
Andrew Scheer, the leader of the Conservative Party made the announcement today at the Cracker Jack’s Bar and Grill during a visit to Thorold.
“In the last four years, it has become more expensive than ever to run a business,” said Scheer.
A new Conservative government will take several measures to support our small businesses:
- Repeal Trudeau’s tax increases on small business investments
- Exempt spouses from Trudeau’s tax increases on small business dividends
- Make it easier to navigate Canada’s tax system and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Reduce federal regulations by 25 per cent
- Implement a 2-for-1 rule for new regulations
- Assign a Minister reporting directly to the Prime Minister to lead red tape reduction efforts
- Mandate ministers and regulators to support innovation, economic growth, and global competitiveness
- Champion Canada’s small businesses to the world
“A new Conservative government will continue to celebrate small businesses as drivers of prosperity, and not view them merely as sources of revenue,” said Scheer. “It’s time to stop Justin Trudeau’s attacks on small business owners. It is time for Canada’s small businesses to get ahead.”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download